Monday, June 25, 2012

June 25th

Today is the beginning of our third installment of Summer Art Camp. We are starting The Wild West. We will study a couple of western artists as well as drawing horses, making clay cacti and painting on terracotta pots.
My son, Ben, will be taking over the blog for the summer,
since I need so much help with office work.
I found a really cool idea for making wrapped bracelets. Check it out, folks.
 OK! I am Ben, and as my mom said, I will be taking over the blog this summer. Cool right? This means that I get to tell you guys about what is going on in the studio. Last week, the summer camp theme was Birds of a Feather, and that was all about flying things and things in the air. We made some cool mobiles with just some skewers, tape, styrofoam balls, pipe cleaners, and string. 
I led one of the projects that was making kites and I loved it. There is nothing that makes you feel better than seeing ten kids running around  a field dragging kites behind them and knowing you made them all so happy. That camp was really fun and I hope we have a good turnout for the other camps. 

After this week, we have three left and I think you might like them because its a good variety. They are Up Close and Personal (July 16-18) which is about fingerprints, self portraits, and pointillism; Lost in Spaces (July 23-25) which is about 2D vs. 3D, perspective drawing and aliens or robots; and the last one is Fabric Arts (July 30-August 1) and during this one we will make stuffed animals, do weaving, and recycle clothes. If you have any questions or would like to register for camp, you can just call 765-365-2750. The price is $60 per kid for 3 days of fun, Mon-Wed, 9am-1pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment